- Join us for our annual statewide Power-Up Out-of-School Summit (Sept 10 – 11, 2018) for a chance to get training on topics specific to out-of-school programs, plus network, present, and learn from others in the field
- We have an online calendar of trainings or conferences on material/topics relevant to out of school providers. Have a training to offer/promote? Email us to get it posted.
- We can also tailor a training workshop specific to the needs of your program (costs may accrue to bring in trainers and for travel, but the goal is to offer trainings at the lowest cost possible). Here is a link to an example agenda of training we put together for a program in 2016.
Lights on AfterSchool:
- Let us help you plan and promote a community celebration around your out-of-school program on or near the national Lights on AfterSchool Day.
- Need funding for a project/program or want to form a coalition to pursue a grant opportunity? Check out our website for upcoming grant opportunities. Talk to us about what your needs are either in writing a grant or seeking funding.
- Our website is busting at the seams of resources, it is continually growing. Check out our online resources for STEM, Data/Research, Literacy, Fitness, Social and Emotional etc.
- Have a resource not on our website? Please share and we will get it on there.
- Make sure you are searchable in our online directory of out-of-school programs. Even if you are at capacity, the directory is a great way for your community partners and funders to find you.
- Want to highlight something to your local press, or statewide press? Let us help you write and/or submit a press release and work to get coverage on a topic that matters to you.
- Attend, watch or present at one of our hosted webinars. We host monthly webinars Oct – May on a variety of topics. Click here for upcoming and past webinars
Virtual or in-person Roundtables:
- Ask us to host a roundtable on a topic area you are seeking input on. We have hosted regional roundtables across the state and virtually on topics such as summer programming or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math), or generally how we can better serve youth outside of the school day. Click here for past roundtables
Faces of AfterSchool:
- We have a campaign called ‘Faces of AfterSchool’ – a series of short videos of out-of-school programs capturing the variety of fun and learning that occurs out-of-school. We can promote a video your program has created or can help create one for you (disclaimer: we are not professional videographers, but services are free!) Click here to view past videos.
- We have kicked off a social media campaign that tells the personal impact out-of-school programs have on individuals. It is a pic and one to two sentences on how out-of-school program impacted a life (it can be from any age).
Example “Zero Robotics taught me I am smart enough to be whatever I wanted to be”, “Girl Scouts taught me how to be an entrepreneur”, “I found my best friend in my afterschool program”. Click here for samples.
Newsletter and/or social media:
- Our listserv and social media reach is growing! Let us help get the word out on a local event, job openings or a need you have in your community. (Click here to view our facebook and twitter pages and click here to view past newsletters)
- Engage with the network help connect you to new partnerships within your community/state.
- Need help making the case for out-of-school? We can help you collect the data and stories to help build the case for out-of-school in your community. If we can, we are also happy to make presentations to your community.
- We learn when we engage with out-of-school programs! Invite us to into your program to take note of how you run, and ask us what we have seen work in other programs.
- Need help with something not specifically noted above? The ION is constantly networking. We may have a connection or resource that can help make your job easier. Never hesitate to contact us and share what you need or what your challenges are. Even if we don’t have answers or solutions right away, we will seek them!